Teachers are committed to:
- Providing a friendly, caring, safe & educational early childhood centre which encourages a love of learning & facilitates learning for life especially through concepts of ako (teacher/learner) & tuakana-teina (reciprocal learning).
- Developing positive, open relationships between teacher, children & whānau
promoting a sense of whanaungatanga (wider family relationships) & manaakitanga (affirm each child’s identity in a trusting relationship).
- Appreciating & supporting our multicultural whānau by encouraging them in partnership with the wider community to share & celebrate aspects of their culture with us.
- Endeavouring to uphold the principles of TeTiriti o Waitangi within the daily programme.
- Valuing each child’s unique qualities, & developing further their individual needs, dispositions, abilities & interests.
- Learning valued at our ECE Centre are: positive behaviour, expressing themselves, trying new things, accepting difference, coping with change, self help/independence, being curious, persistence, caring for themselves, others & the environment, & physical activity.
We offer classes for 0 - 5 year olds. These are divided into a nursery for children aged 0-2 years and a preschool for children aged 2-5 years with separate indoor and outdoor areas.
We are open Monday to Friday from 7:30am - 6:00pm.
We provide specialised activities and play equipment suited for each age group and ability. York Place Preschool & Nursery enables your child to flourish and grow.
We have been locally owned since late 2014 by Sarah and Jonathon Pleace. We are very proud of our centre and pride ourselves on continually improving. Sarah oversees the running of the centre and prioritises ongoing professional development and growth of our teaching team as well as efficient administration processes. Jonathon takes care of all the centre improvements, such as playground construction, alterations, painting and maintenance. We have three young children, one of which currently attends the centre.